If you have been looking for new methods to improve lead generation and don’t know where to turn to, then you have come to the right blog. One of the best tools to improve your digital marketing ROI, landing pages can prove to be exactly what you need to get potential clients into your sales funnel.
Efficient, targeted, and action-oriented, landing pages can prove to be a key component of your overall marketing strategy.
If you haven’t had the pleasure of creating a landing page – or never even heard of one – then trust in the digital marketing consultant, Mauricio Pina, to bring you up-to-date.
The Low Down on Landing Pages
A landing page is a standalone web page for your business. Landing pages can be created for a number of reasons such as for general marketing, advertising a specific campaign, generating leads through info and email acquisition, or advertising a particular ebook, blog, or whitepaper.
Ultimately, landing pages are part of your conversion funnel and should be used to capture email addresses of potential leads.
Once you have these emails, you can begin to nurture a relationship by sending out emails and other content to highlight your business and the services/product you offer. The value of your content can have a huge impact on potential clients before they even speak with a sales representative. Consider that before a potential client even reaches out to your company, 70% of the decision-making process has already happened.
Why You Need a Landing Page
Because landing pages are targeted efforts, they work amazingly in converting website visitors into leads. Now, this is not to be confused with saying you don’t need a website.
But if you are having a special sale on a specific product or service, then this targeted traffic can be driven to a landing page that prompts them to complete an action that you want them to do (i.e. purchasing the product or service). Otherwise, the wrong type of ad might simply send them to your website’s homepage, where they’ll have to navigate to make the purchase, and likely give up before doing so.
Making Your Landing Page Work For You
Landing pages can be relatively easy to make and there are plenty of online tools and resources available to help you create your next one. A Moe Pina favorite is Unbounce.com.
Now, it’s important to remember that landing pages are meant to be efficient, compelling, and action-oriented. This means that the design has to work hard to draw visitors in, inform them about your specific goal, and then make them take action.
Simplicity tends to be key here and there are a number of essential elements that every good landing page has including:
- Limited Navigation – Landing pages are single-paged websites so there’s no reason for them to have tons of navigation options. Get rid of navigation elements or hide them as necessary.
- Bold Headlines – Headlines draw in website visitors and for landing pages, it’s no different. Your main and supporting headlines should be informative, attention-grabbing, and precise.
- A Valuable Offer – Your landing page should be providing a valuable offer in exchange for lead emails and information. If your landing page doesn’t have this value then you need to go back to the drawing boards.
- Concise Content – Landing pages are all about efficiency. Don’t overburden your visitors with heavy content. Keep your content and forms to the point.
- Don’t Forget Images – You’ll want to include an image of your product, service, or simply a related-image to keep the design flowing and not just create a text-heavy page.
- Call-to-Action – A landing page should have a “Call-to-Action” button that helps to capture a visitor’s information. This call-to-action may include a download, a checklist, an ebook, or some other offer.
- A Form – You need a form to capture information (ex. email addresses). Try to keep these as short as possible. Too many input fields and your potential client may lose interest.
Another key element of your landing page is going to be promotion. There’s little value if your landing page isn’t getting in front of the right crowds. Promote it by sharing on social media networks, Google ads, Facebook Ads, and the likes.
Need a landing page? Contact Mauricio Pina today.
Are you ready to improve your lead generation techniques? If you don’t feel like you have enough experience or know-how to properly create a landing page, then reach out to the expert digital consultant, Mauricio Pina, to find out more about how he can help you grow your business.